Using a blog safely is the most important thing about being a blogger. The following rules, if followed, will minimise any risks and will ensure that you will stay safe whilst blogging.
- Only use your first name and class when commenting.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child, or post comments such as ‘Sophia’s mum’, ‘Pablo’s uncle’.
- The class teacher will moderate all comments before they appear on the blog.
- Always be respectful of other people’s work – be positive if you are going to comment.
- No text talk – write in full sentences and read your comments back before submitting them, just like you do when you write in school. Check out the ‘How to write a good comment’ section for tips and ideas!
- Only use your first name (and surname initial if there are 2 of you with the same name) and your class when writing your blog.
- The class teacher will check all posts before they are published on the blog.
- Remember to use powerful words (amazing vocabulary), punctuation, connectives and openers in your blog posts.